Lower Limb Mobilisation/Manipulation
Joint manipulation is a very old form of treatment that has been utilised by many medical professions over the years, in Podiatry however it is only now becoming popular. Every joint in the foot can be manipulated. Such manipulations can produce some very powerful results whre other modalities have failed.
Podiatrists utilise manipulation/mobilisation to help mobilise patients feet and foot pathology. This can be useful when other modailites have failed such medications, stretching, orthotics and surgery in extreme cases. The results of manipulations vary from individual from single session of manipulation can provide pain relief whilst several manipulation sesssions might be needed for more complex musculoskeletal problems.
Benefits of Foot Manipulations incude the following:
- Alternative to surgery, cortisone injections and anti-inflammatory drugs
- Increases the range of motion within a joint or 'stiff' joint
- Promotes joint fluid lubrication
- Relives muscle tension, muscle spasms and improves muscle function and strength
- Relieves instant relief to aching joints